Sports Analytics Group at Berkeley aims to give members a full experience doing real sports analytics via consulting and research.
We are a student-run sports analytics research group at UC Berkeley. Our organization consists of former sports analytics interns for the Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Brewers, New York Mets, and Adidas. Our backgrounds vary from Statistics, Computer Science, Physics and Economics undergraduates and graduate students at Berkeley.
Main goals are:
- Educating members to become industry leaders in the sports analytics field
- Research teams to further develop analytical skills and apply relevant statistics to sports-related problems
- Partering with Cal Athletics and Professional Sports Teams as a consulting group to provide data driven sports analysis.
- Opportunities to compete in relevant case competitions at Sloan and SABR
- Connecting members with alumni and industry leaders in front offices
- Hosting industry panels, with an opportunity to network with people doing sports analytics as a career
What We've Done So far
- Prepared a Case Competition in partnership with the San Francisco Giants,
- Over 50 teams and 100 students participated in Spring 2017
- Currently consulting for the San Jose Earthquakes, Cleveland Cavaliers and Cal Football.
- Members competing at the NBA Hackathon
- Preparing research for the SABR Research Conference.
Why you should join
- Career Panels
- Social Events
- Industry Connections
- Sports Analytics Research Experience
- Good start for a career in the field